Watercress, Onion and Potato Soup
A delicious watercress, onion and potato soup perfect as a starter or winter warmer for the colder months.
8 - 10minutes
25 - 30minutes
- Melt half the butter in a large saucepan and add a splash of oil to prevent the butter from burning. Add in the onions and garlic along with a pinch of salt and fry on a medium heat until the onions have begun to caramelise.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and bring to a simmer. Add in the potato and cook for around 20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. The cooking time will depend on how big your chunks of potato are!
- While the potatoes cook, get your blender ready. After making sure the potato is cooked through add in the watercress and allow to simmer for 30 seconds. Don’t cook the watercress for too long or you will lose the lovely green colour.
- Using a slatted spoon, transfer the onions, potatoes and watercress to a jug blender before adding in half of the stock. It’s important not to tip the whole lot into the blender at once as you may need to adjust the liquid content to get the correct consistency.
- Once you are happy with the thickness of the soup, add in the cream and butter and blend together. Finally taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve immediately or cool down as quickly as possible and store in the fridge for up to three days or the freezer for up to two months.
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.