Watercress and Spinach Vegetarian Burger
A twist on your standard veggie burger, these Watercress and Spinach burgers are sure to be a hit amongst your friends - Vegetarian or otherwise! You can also make this Vegan with just a couple ingredient substitutions!
10 - 15minutes
10 - 15minutes
- 180 grams of Sour Cream
- 180 grams of Hummus
- 2 whole of Peppers (Red) (red and yellow)
- 6 whole of Brioche Buns
- 3 tbsp of Plain Flour
- 2 large of Egg
- 40 grams of Parmesan (vegetarian)
- 100 grams of Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 5 slices of White Bread
- 125 grams of Spinach
- 125 grams of Watercress
- 2 whole of Onion (finely diced)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan and add in the onions with a pinch of salt. Fry gently until cooked through then leave to cool.
- Place the white bread in a food processor and blend until turned into breadcrumbs. Tip into a large bowl. Also blend the watercress until finely chopped then add into the same bowl. Repeat with the spinach.
- Add in the cooled onion and cheese before mixing together. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Add to the other ingredients a little at a time until the mixture comes together. You may not need all of the egg. Add in a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Shape the mixture into 6 burgers then dust all over both sides with flour, tapping off any excess. The burgers can now be kept either chilled for up to 3 days before frying or frozen for up to one month.
- Place the sliced peppers into a roasting tin and drizzle with vegetable oil before seasoning with salt and pepper. Place into the pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the peppers are soft.
- Heat another splash of oil in a frying pan and fry each burger for 2-3 minutes before placing on a baking tray and finishing in the oven for another 8-10 minutes. Slice the brioche buns in half then spread one half of each bun with hummus and one half with sour cream. Place the burger on the bottom half, then top with the roasted peppers and place on the lid.
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.