Vegan Tofu and Wild Rice
Super tasty vegan dish with lots of different textures
30 - 35minutes
12 - 15minutes
- Put a big splash of olive oil into a large frying pan and place onto a medium heat. Finely slice the garlic clove and the chilli and put into the oil Fry gently and allow to infuse for 3/4 minutes then remove from the oil.
- Dust the tofu with the flour, pat well to remove any excess and add into the hot infused oil. (be careful not to break when adding into the pan) Fry for 3/4 minutes on each side until they become golden Remove and place on some kitchen paper to drain off any excess oil
- Peel the avocado and cut into a small dice, season with lemon juice and salt, and using a spoon, mix well gently breaking the avocado into a paste Finely dice half a red chilli and quarter the cherry tomatoes and mix through, set aside
- In a clean hot frying pan add a glug of olive oil and throw in the pre-cooked wild rice, shake well until heated through
- To plate, pour the rice into 2 shallow bowls and lay over the fried chilli tofo and finish with the avocado and tomato puree, season with a pinch of sea salt and a twist of lemon
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.