Tonka Bean Panna Cotta with Strawberries, Rhubarb & Milk Crumble
A traditional Italian Panna cotta made using Tonka Bean as opposed to Vanilla pods.
5 - 30minutes
30 - 30minutes
- Soak gelatine in cold water
- Bring milk, cream, sugar and Tonka beans to a rolling boil and let sit
- Add gelatine and stir through
- Strain and cool over ice bath and then pour into clean, dry dariole moulds. Leave to set fully for 3 - 4 hours or overnight.
- For the Milk Crumble preheat oven to 225 degrees and line a tray with parchment paper
- In a bowl combine the milk powder, plain flour, corn flour, caster sugar and a pinch of salt. Then gradually add the melted butter and mix until well combined
- Spread on the prepared tray and bake for 15/20 minutes until light golden brown and crumbly
- Remove from oven and cool
- Once set dip the panna cottas quickly into hot water and gentle pull at one side to create an air pocket, this will then make it easier to unmould.
- Place on plate and garnish with rhubarb, strawberries and the milk crumble
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.