Thanksgiving Turkey Meatball Sub
We loved making this sandwich...perfect for thanksgiving....
10 - 15minutes
15 - 20minutes
- 2 tbsp of Cranberry Jelly
- 4 tbsp of Jalapeno Peppers
- 50 grams of Panko Breadcrumbs
- 10 slices of Sliced Turkey Breast
- 100 grams of Mature Cheddar (grated)
- 250 grams of Turkey Mince
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 Shallots (finely diced)
- 1 clove of Garlic (crushed)
- 1 tsp of Tomato Paste
- 1 tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tsp of Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 Baguette (baked)
- 2 Pickles (sliced thinly)
- 1 Red Onion (sliced thinly)
- For the meatballs - mix the mince, garlic, shallot, egg yolk and breadcrumbs well and shape into the meatballs, place in the fridge for 20 minutes. Gently fry the meatballs in a frying pan until slightly golden, add the tomato paste, tinned tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce, season with salt and pepper and pop back onto a low heat and allow the sauce to cook out and thicken.
- Now to make the sub - divide the meatballs between the baguettes and lather with the tomato sauce, then layer up with the onions, jalapenos, sliced turkey and finally top with the grated cheese. Place under a hot grill to melt and serve!
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.