Socca Mediterranean Chickpea Flatbread
Transport yourself to a Mediterranean paradise with this easy, simple recipe for Socca Mediterranean Chickpea Flatbread!
5 - 30minutes
5 - 8minutes
- Prepare the chickpea batter. Whisk the chickpea flour, water, olive oil, and salt together in a medium bowl. Let rest for 30 minutes to give the flour time to absorb the water.
- Preheat the oven and then the pan. Set an oven rack 6 inches below your oven’s broiler and heat to 450°F. About 5 minutes before your batter’s rest is complete, place a 10-inch cast iron skillet under the oven broiler element and turn the oven from 450°F to broil.
- Add the batter to the prepared pan. Remove the skillet from the oven using oven mitts. Add 1 teaspoon or so of olive oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Pour the batter into the center of the pan. Tilt the pan so the batter coats the entire surface of the pan, if needed.
- Broil the socca for 5 to 8 minutes. Broil until you see the top of the socca begin to blister and brown, 5 to 8 minutes. Ifyou find the top browning before the batter is fully set, move the skillet to a lower oven rack until done. The socca should be fairly flexible in the middle but crispy on the edges.
- Slice and serve. Use a spatula to work your way under the socca and ease it from the pan onto a cutting board. Slice it into wedges or squares, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and drizzle with a little good olive oil and za’tar.
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.