Ever wondered how to make that classic Chinese take-away dish? Well we're here to show you how...
25 - 30minutes
10 - 12minutes
- 200 ml of Vegetable Oil
- 1 knob of Ginger (Fresh)
- 1 clove of Garlic
- 1 Red Chilli (roughly chopped)
- 3 Spring Onions (rough;y chopped)
- 300 grams of King Prawns (peeled and deveined)
- 1 Egg Whites
- 1 tsp of Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp of Sesame Oil
- 4 tbsp of Sesame Seeds
- 1 tbsp of Plain Flour
- 1 Baguette (cut into croutons)
- Pour the vegetable oil into a large heavy bottomed frying pan and bring up to a frying temperature (170C)
- Put the spring onions, chilli, garlic, ginger and king prawns into a blender and pulse until you have a slightly chunky paste, remove from the blender jug into a mixing bowl and add the soy, sesame oil, a pinch of sesame seeds and the flour and mix well.
- Using a large spoon spread the prawn mix over the croutons, be quite liberal with it. Pour the remaining sesame seeds onto a plate and push the little prawn toasts into he sesame seeds, prawn side down, and set aside
- Place the toasts into the hot oil, prawn side down and fry until golden, this should take about 3/4 minutes, flip over and fry for a further 2 minutes then onto a tray and into a hot oven (180C) for 5/6 minutes
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.