Pineapple Upside Down Cake
A juicy pineapple upside down cake served best with a drizzle of warm custard.
10 - 15minutes
20 - 30minutes
- Combine self raising flour, golden caster sugar, 125 grams of softened butter in a bowl with 2 medium eggs.
- Once combined add the baking powder, vanilla essence and two tbsp of the juice from the Del Monte Gold Pineapple Rings juice.
- Mix together and set to one side.
- Add the remaining 100 grams of butter to a separate bowl, and combine with light brown sugar and 2 tsp of the juice from Del Monte Gold Pineapple Rings.
- Pour the mix of butter and sugar into a cake tin, and spread around the sides so that all surfaces are coated.
- Begin to arrange the Pineapple Rings and Glacé cherries in the bottom of the cake tin.
- Add the cake mix to the tin, spreading it out evenly and being careful not to move the cherries and pineapple at the bottom.
- Place on a BBQ or Oven at roughly 180°C for around 20 - 25 minutes. Keep checking the cake by poking through the centre with a knife or toothpick, if it comes away clean then the cake is cooked.
- Once cooked, remove tin and serve warm with a drizzle of custard.
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.