Personal Beef Wellingtons with a Watercress and Pate Filling
Small personal Beef Wellingtons, perfect for individual servings at a dinner party!
15 - 20minutes
18 - 20minutes
- Season the beef fillet well with sea salt and ground black pepper
- Heat a frying pan with pomace oil and a little butter, add the thyme, seal off beef on all sides to just seal.
- Cool then brush tops with Dijon mustard
- In same pan add the chopped mushrooms and chopped shallots, and cook until soft, add glug of red wine, and 75ml of cream.
- Set watercress in a colander and pour boiling water over to wilt, plunge into iced water to stop going discoloured, Blitz watercress cress with the remaining cream and season well.
- Pile the mushrooms on top of the beef fillet, spoon watercress puree on top and wrap in proscuitto.
- Cut 8 discs from the puff pastry large enough to cover the beef fillet,
- Place fillet on pastry disc then cover with a top of pastry.
- Brush with egg wash and crimp edges to form a seal, Gently score a pattern in the top and brush with milk and dust with sea salt
- Bake in hot oven for 10-15 mins depending how well cooked you like your Beef
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.