One Pot Chicken Chasseur
An easy one pot dish inspired by the 70's! Add a kick with a splash of Brandy from the guys at Just a Splash!
15 - 20minutes
60 - 90minutes
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (crushed)
- 8 Chicken Thighs
- 1 pouch of Just A Splash Brandy
- 2 Onion (peeled and finely sliced)
- 100 grams of Chestnut Mushrooms (quartered)
- 1 stick of Thyme
- 1 tbsp of Tomato Paste
- 1 tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 500 ml of Chicken Stock
- 1 pinch of Sea Salt (to taste)
- 2 cracks of Black Pepper (to taste)
- In a hot frying pan seal the chicken thighs skin side down until the skin becomes golden, remove from the pan.
- Add in the sliced onions, mushrooms and cook until they become golden brown, stir in the crushed garlic, then pour in a full pouch of Just a splash Brandy, use a spatula to deglaze all the chicken flavour from the base of the pan, stir in the tomato paste and cook out for a minute or so, then add in the chopped tomatoes and chicken stock and bring to a gentle simmer, check the seasoning and adjust where necessary. Add the seared chicken thighs back into the pan and place in a preheated oven (170C) for 45 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, divide the chicken thighs between 4 plates and serve with creamy mashed potatoes
- To buy your Just-A-Splash for this recipe, head over to Ocado here
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.