Mediterranean Lemon and Rosemary Chicken Skewers with Watercress Pesto
Lemon and rosemary chicken skewers with watercress pesto and Mediterranean vegetables
20 - 50minutes
12 - 15minutes
- 50 grams of Parmesan (finely grated)
- 50 ml of Olive Oil
- 60 grams of Pine Nuts (toasted)
- 1 clove of Garlic
- 65 grams of Watercress (roughly chopped)
- 1 whole of Lemon Zest
- 2 sprigs of Rosemary (leaves finely chopped)
- 2 whole of Red Onion (halved and peeled)
- 2 whole of Courgette
- 1 whole of Peppers (Yellow)
- 1 whole of Peppers (Red)
- 6 whole of Chicken Thighs (boneless)
- Using a sharp knife, cut the chicken thighs into decent-sized chunks. You should get 3-4 pieces from each thigh. Place in a bowl with the lemon zest and chopped rosemary leaves, then drizzle with olive oil and mix thoroughly with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Leave in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes minimum but preferably overnight.
- Next chop the peppers and courgette into chunks and the red onion into wedges. Toss in a little oil and season with salt and pepper. Remove the chicken from the fridge and thread alternating chunks of chicken, pepper, courgette and onion onto metal skewers. Put back in the fridge until ready to cook.
- To make the pesto, blend the watercress, garlic, pine nuts, parmesan together, then slowly add the oil until the desired consistency is reached.
- To cook, lay the skewers on a hot barbecue for around 4 minutes on each side, ensuring that the chicken is cooked through. Alternatively, pre-heat the grill to medium-high and grill for 5 minutes on each side. Serve drizzled with watercress pesto.
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.