These are super tasty and they're freezable so make loads and save some for a rainy day...
25 - 30minutes
15 - 20minutes
- 400 Grams of Lamb Mince
- 1 tsp of Cumin
- 1 tsp of Tumeric
- 1 tsp of Garam Masala
- 1 tsp of Coriander (Ground)
- 1 tsp of Chilli Powder
- 1 Onion (Peeled and grated)
- 1 Carrot (peeled and grated)
- 100 Grams of Frozen Peas
- 1 Filo Pastry (Shop bought roll)
- 1 glug of Olive Oil
- 1 Small Handful of Mint (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp of Mango Chutney
- In a large, wide frying pan, heat a glug of oil, season the lamb and fry until browned all over. Add the cumin, turmeric, garam masala, ground coriander and chilli powder to the pan and fry for another 2 minutes until fragrant. Add the onion and carrot with another glug of oil, and fry for 5 mins until the veg has softened. Tip into a large bowl and mix with the mint, chutney and frozen peas. Leave to cool.
- Spread out a sheet of filo, with a short end towards you. Brush with oil all over. Fold each long edge into the centre by 5cm, so you have a long, narrow piece of filo. Add a tbsp of mixture to the top left of the strip and fold the top right corner of filo over to make a triangle. Continue folding down the length of the pastry to make a samosa shape. Brush with more oil. Transfer to a baking tray lined with baking parchment
- To cook, pre-heat your oven to 200C/Gas 7, brush your samosas with olive oil and pop into the oven for 25 minutes until the pastry is golden brown, remove and serve with minted yogurt and mango chutney
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.