Grilled Cod with Market Greens and Black Squid Ink Risotto
A seasonal dish perfect for impressing friends at a dinner party
10 - 15minutes
20 - 30minutes
- Start by sweating the shallot and bay leaf in a wide pan with some olive oil on low heat till soft
- Then add the risotto rice and fry for a minute until lightly toasted. Deglaze the plan with the white wine and cook out till all absorbed
- Turn the heat to medium, stir through the squid in and then start to ladle in the stock. Wait until each ladle has been absorbed before adding the next one. It should use all the stock and take about 25 minutes.
- Once rice is almost fully cooked, stir through the butter and parmesan and check for seasoning.
- Whilst the risotto is cooking (about 10 minutes before its ready) Heat up a grill or a pan and lightly coat with olive oil to a medium high heat
- With the fish dry the skin well as this will ensure crispy skin Once the pan is hot, season the cod with salt and pepper and place it in the pan skin side down
- Cook for 3 minutes until the skin is nice and crispy, carefully flip the cod and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillet (the flesh will be opaque once cooked through)
- Serve on top of the squid ink risotto with some steamed seasonal greens
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.