Chicken and Wild Garlic with Hazelnut crumble and Cauliflower puree
Wild Garlic butter Chicken served on a bed of Cauliflower puree with a Hazelnut crumble.
30 - 60minutes
15 - 20minutes
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees.
- For the wild garlic butter, beat 100 grams of butter and chopped wild garlic in kitchen aid till light and fluffy. Add a pinch of salt.
- Using your finger, create an air pocket between the skin of the chicken and the breast meat. Pipe/spoon the garlic butter inside the cavity and place in the fridge to set for 1 hour.
- For the cauliflower puree, cover the sliced cauliflower with the milk, cream and a pinch of salt in a large pot. Cook till tender on medium heat and then puree to silky smooth.
- With the hazelnut crumble, place the butter in a pan and melt on low heat. Place the hazelnuts with the butter and increase the heat to medium. Cook until hazelnuts are nice caramel colour & roasted (4-5 minutes) Blitz in a food processer till a crumble consistency
- Once the crumble and puree are finished and the chicken has marinated in a fridge, heat an oven proof fry pan on medium-high heat. Add enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- While the oil heats up, generously season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper then place the chicken breast, skin side down carefully into the oil. After about 6 minutes, flip the chicken (the skin should be golden brown) and cook the second side for 2 minutes.
- Once golden in colour place in the oven for 4-6 minutes, then remove and baste. Rest in a warm spot.
- Check the chicken with a meat thermometer (it should be oven 70 degrees) or simple pierce the thickest part of the chicken, make sure the juices run clear.
- Serve with the cauliflower puree, hazelnut crumble and a light salad, and ENJOY!
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.