Black Pudding Scotch Eggs
Twist on a classic, i love the peppery note the black pudding brings to this dish, have a crack at our homemade brown sauce! It works so well with this!
30 - 45minutes
10 - 15minutes
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring to a rolling boil, drop in 6 eggs and boil for 6 minutes, remove and bosh straight into iced water, leave under cold running water until cool enough to handle, carefully peel and set aside.
- Chuck your black pudding, minced pork, 50g of breadcrumbs and thyme into a large bowl and mix until evenly combined, seasoning well with salt and pepper. Divide the mixture into 6 even-sized balls.
- Take two black pudding balls and flatten them out to rough discs, about 6cm in diameter. Place one in the palm of your hand, pop a boiled egg in the middle, then top with the second disc. Mould the black pudding around the egg, sealing the joins well using water if needed , repeat with the remaining
- Coat each black pudding ball in seasoned flour, then dip it into lightly beaten eggs then lastly into a bowl of Panko breadcrumbs
- In a deep saucepan (or even better if you have a table top fryer) heat up your Vegetable oil to 175 degrees and carefully drop your scotch eggs in and cook for 5/7 minutes until golden, leave to stand for 5 minutes before getting stuck in
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.