Aubergine, Capsicum and Potato Curry
A warming Aubergine, Capsicum and Potato Curry with the potential to have a real kick!
10 - 15minutes
15 - 20minutes
- 2 tbsp of Coriander (chopped fresh)
- 500 ml of Water
- 2 whole of Peppers (Green) (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 whole of Aubergine (cut into 1/4 inch cubes)
- 1 large of Potatoes (peeled and cut into 3/4 inch cubes)
- 1 tbsp of Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp of Tumeric
- 1 tsp of Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp of Coriander Powder
- 5 cloves of Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 inch of Ginger (Fresh) (peeled and grated)
- 1 medium of Onion (peeled and chopped)
- 2 tsp of Indian Five Spice (Panch Phoron)
- Heat oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. When hot, add the Indian Five Spice (Panch Phoron) and cook until sizzling.
- Add the onion, ginger and salt to the Indian Five Spice, stirring occasionally.
- When the onion starts to soften, add the coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric and tomato puree and continue to stir frying until the oil comes to the top of the mixture.
- Add the potatoes and stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add the aubergine and peppers, stirring for another 2 minutes.
- Pour in the water, cover the pan and cook for about 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
- Then serve and finish by adding the fresh coriander.
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.