A blast from the past! Except this time we have added a twist to the recipe by using a pouch of sherry from Just a Splash!
10 - 15minutes
3 - 4minutes
- 50 grams of Cornflour
- 250 grams of Atlantic Prawns
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- 50 grams of Self Raising Flour
- 250 ml of Soda Water
- 3 tbsp of Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp of Ketchup
- 2 splashes of Tabasco Sauce
- 1 pouch of Just A Splash Sherry
- 1 pinch of Sea Salt (to taste)
- 4 cracks of Black Pepper (to taste)
- 8 King Prawns
- 1 Avocado
- 4 Spring Onions (sliced on the diagonal)
- 8 Cherry Tomatoes (cut in half)
- 2 heads of Baby Gem Lettuce
- Mix the mayonnaise, ketchup, Tabasco and Just a splash Sherry in a bowl and season well with salt and black pepper, add the chopped cherry tomatoes, spring onions and Atlantic prawns, set aside
- Shred the baby gem lettuce but keep some of the outer leaves for garnishing, mash the avocado and season with lime juice and salt and set aside.
- To serve build the cocktail in layers, a layer of shredded lettuce, a layer of prawn mixture and so on. Garnish with a baby gem lettuce leaf and a spoonful of the mashed avocado, if you want to be super fancy, Mix the flours and soda water together to make a tempura batter, and dunk the king prawns in then drop into the fryer/hot oil for 2/3 minutes until golden!
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.