Cranble Top Picks - Chocolate week
By Team Cranble
Looking for something sweet? Chocolaty? and a little different?
Its chocolate week and here at Cranble we have pulled together a little list of some great Chocolate based events going on.
1. The Chocolate Show is a showcase of edible delights and chocolate goodies in all their irresistible forms, and will be returning to Olympia London from 13-15th October for a special fifth anniversary edition. Expect demonstrations by a stellar line-up of celebrity chefs featuring doyenne of baking Nadiya Hussain, get stuck in with exciting masterclasses and sumptuous tastings by exhibitors from around the world, and marvel at chocolate masterpieces at the Choco l’ART gallery.Visitors to the show can also indulge in chocolate and drink pairings at The Chocolate Bar, and watch as a prestigious panel of experts judges the highly acclaimed Chocolate Dessert of the Year competition.
Prices are £15 and can be bought through event brite.
2. Dakota Deluxe Hotel, Leeds newest boutique hotel, has launched a hot chocolate menu for the winter season. Released in time for National Chocolate Week (9-15 October), the menu includes 12 indulgent hot chocolates. Pete Hayes, bar manager at the 84-bedroom hotel, has created drinks including ‘Salted Caramel and Bourbon’, ‘Dark Chocolate and Stout’ and ‘Belgium Chocolate and Hazelnut’. There are six hot chocolates with alcohol (£6 each) and six without (£4 each).
Venue: Dakota Deluxe Leeds
Address: Dakota Deluxe, 8 Russell Street, Leeds LS1 5RN
Details: A hot chocolate menu comprising 12 indulgent drinks – six with alcohol and six without.
Price: £4 for non-alcoholic drinks; £6 with.
For more Information visit: http://leeds.dakotahotels.co.uk
3. Galvin Restaurants, Michelin-starred Galvin brothers are celebrating National Chocolate Week by collaborating with French premium chocolate manufacturer, Valrhona, to bring the city the most luxurious and eye-catching desserts it has ever seen. From 9-15 October, limited edition melt-in-your-mouth decadent desserts will be available at selected Galvin restaurants, which promise to delight even the most highbrow chocolate connoisseurs.
Limited edition Valrhona chocolate desserts:
Bistrot de Luxe
Poire belle Hélene: A chocolate sphere with Manjari dark chocolate mousse, poached pear, tonka bean ice cream and hot chocolate caramel sauce, £8.50
Caramelia chocolate pannacotta, cocoa nib tuile, poached quince, pecan ice cream, £9.50
Orleys chocolate mousse, roasted pears and dark chocolate sauce, £7.50
Galvin at The Athenaeum
Orleys chocolate ganache tart, roasted figs and Azelia chocolate ice cream, £9.50
To reserve a table visit www.galvinrestaurants.com
4. Crafthouse, Leeds, From October 9th to 14th, Crafthouse is celebrating Chocolate Week in style with an exclusive chocolate-infused tasting menu. The stunning 7-course tasting menu includes delicious dishes such as goose liver terrine with pineapple, sauternes gel and Valrhona dulcey chocolate, as well as wild duck with salsify, braised endive and cocoa nibs. The meal is rounded-off with a handmade chocolate box.
Price: £65 per person.
Bookings: Booking is essential by calling 0113 897 0444.
Available from 5pm to 10pm, Monday to Saturday.
Address: Crafthouse, Trinity Leeds, 70 Boar Lane, Leeds. LS1 6HW.
5. Angelica, Leeds
Details: Rooftop bar and restaurant Angelica will be introducing its chocolate fondue-style dipping pots with delicious melted chocolate, flavoured sponge, cut fruits, marshmallows and salted pretzels – the perfect romantic date or post-dinner treat. It will also offer three special cocktails to mark the occasion, including the Chocolate Orange Old Fashioned, Dark Chocolate Martini and the Cool Chocolate.
Price: £12 for 2 people, minimum 2 people.
Bookings: Visit www.angelica-restaurant.com or call 0113 897 0099.
Address: Angelica, Trinity Leeds, 70 Boar Lane, Leeds. LS1 6HW.
6. The Grand Hotel & Spa, York – Free Hot Chocolate for all guests
Details: Complimentary hot chocolate for all guests staying at The Grand Hotel & Spa, York as well as an all-day chocolate fountain for diners at The Rise Restaurant Terrace & Bar.
To celebrate Chocolate Week, The Grand Hotel & Spa is offering its signature hot chocolate to all guests. Guests of the hotel will simply need to head to The Rise Restaurant Terrace & Bar to claim their drink. In addition to this, diners at The Rise Restaurant Terrace & Bar can enjoy a flowing chocolate fountain complete with fruit and sweet treats. Perfect for an after dinner or lunch indulgence.
Price: Free hot chocolate for all guests at The Grand Hotel & Spa, York. Free chocolate fountain for diners at The Rise Restaurant Terrace & Bar.
Address: The Grand Hotel & Spa, York, Station Rise, Y01 6GD
So if you have some free time and fancy going all "Agustus Gloop" then check out some of the above events and don't forget to let us know your thoughts and experiences in the comments below.