Vegan Tagine with Chickpeas
Delicious vegan tagine...so easy to make and super healthy...
15 - 20minutes
30 - 40minutes
- 2 cracks of Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 pinch of Sea Salt (to taste)
- 2 Red Onion (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 2 cloves of Garlic (finely sliced)
- 1 Red Chilli (seeds removed and sliced thinly)
- 2 tbsp of Coconut Oil
- 1 Butternut Squash (peeled and diced)
- 1 tsp of Cumin
- 1 tsp of Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp of Ras El Hanout
- 1 tsp of Sumac
- 500 ml of Vegetable Stock
- 1 tsp of Tomato Paste
- 1 tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Courgette (cut thinly on the angle)
- 50 grams of Dried Apricots (chopped)
- 1 tin of Chick Peas
- 1. Melt the coconut oil in a large wok style pan and add the red onions, cook on a medium heat until they have become soft and slightly browned. Add the crushed garlic and chilli then the spices and cook out for 3-4 minutes then add the vegetable stock.
- 2. Stir in the tomato paste and cook out for a minute or so, then add the squash and tinned tomatoes. Simmer the sauce for 20 minutes until the squash becomes tender to the touch. In a separate pan fry the sliced courgettes in coconut oil until golden brown and add to the tagine mix.
- 3. Stir in the chopped apricots, season with salt and pepper and a twist of lemon, serve with cous cous or rice.
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.