Veal Fillet in Creamy Marsala Sauce
Old school dinner party food made cool using the Just a Splash cooking alcohol pouches!
10 - 15minutes
20 - 25minutes
- 4 fillets of Rose Veal Fillets
- 200 grams of Chestnut Mushrooms (quartered)
- 2 Shallots (peeled and chopped)
- 1 pouch of Just A Splash Marsala
- 200 ml of Chicken Stock
- 200 ml of Beef Stock
- 50 ml of Whipping Cream
- 1 clove of Garlic
- 1 stick of Thyme
- 50 grams of Unsalted Butter
- 1 pinch of Sea Salt (to taste)
- 2 cracks of Black Pepper (to taste)
- For the sauce - add a glug of oil to a saute pan and cook the mushrooms and shallots until they start to brown, pour in a full pouch of Just a Splash Marsala and reduce by 2/3rds, add in the chicken and beef stock and crank the heat up, you want to bring this down by half again to achieve a really intense flavour. When you're at this stage add the cream and stir well, leave to one side until needed
- Get a large frying pan on a high heat and add a glug of oil, season the veal fillets with salt and black pepper and seal in the hot pan, make sure you allow them to get nice and golden brown on both sides, this should take 3/4 minutes, then add in the garlic cloves and thyme and baste the veal, remove from the pan and rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve with a creamy mashed potato and buttered spinach, place the veal fillet on top and cover with the creamy Marsala sauce
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.