Spicy Sweet Potato and Pineapple Hash
Awesome breakfast/brunch dish.....Or go mental and have it for dinner
15 - 20minutes
30 - 40minutes
- 2 Sweet Potato (boiled until tender and skin removed)
- 10 slices of Sliced Chorizo
- 1 Pineapple (Peeled, cored and chopped into chunks)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 small handful of Coriander (roughly chopped)
- 50 grams of Unsalted Butter
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- 1 tsp of Cranble Cajun Rub
- 1 glug of Olive Oil
- 1 Red Chilli (finely sliced)
- 1 pinch of Sea Salt
- 2 cracks of Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1. Place a large frying pan onto a medium high heat. The best way to make this is to get everything prepped as you'll need to work quite fast - So, pull the skin from the cooked sweet potatoes and roughly chop them, peel and chop the pineapple into thumb size chunks, dice the butter and tear/chop the sliced chorizo.
- 2. Into the hot pan put a glug of olive oil and the diced butter, throw in the sweet potatoes and fry until they become golden and a bit mushy, add the cajun spices and give the pan a shake, then throw in the chopped chorizo
- 3. Using the back of a spoon make 4 little spaces within the pan (see video) and crack the eggs into each space, allow to fry for a minute or so then pop into a preheated oven and bake for 5-6 minutes so the eggs are still runny.
- 4. Scatter the chopped coriander and sliced chillies over the top with a twist of black pepper and a pinch of sea salt
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.