Smoked Mackerel Pate
Super easy Christmas starter, a sure fire crowd pleaser.....
10 - 15minutes
0 - 0minutes
- 400 Grams of Smoked Mackerel (Skin and pin bones removed)
- 4 Slices of Sourdough
- 200 Grams of Cream Cheese (We used Philadelphia)
- 1 tbsp of Wholegrain Mustard
- 2 Lemons (Juiced)
- 1 Small Handful of Flat Leaf Parsley (Roughly chopped)
- 1 Glug of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Pinch of Sea Salt (to taste)
- 1 Crack of Black Pepper (to taste)
- Put the mackerel into a food processor with the cream cheese and pulse until smooth, add your mustard, parsley and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Alternatively make by hand for a more rustic feel, put your smoked mackerel into a bowl and break up with a fork, keeping nice and chunky, fold in the cream cheese and follow the same process as above
- Serve with toasted sourdough bread and baby gherkins
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.