Smoked Haddock Kedgeree
This Smoked Haddock Kedgeree is the perfect way to start the day this Easter!
10 - 15minutes
20 - 30minutes
- 1 Wedge of Lemon
- 1 Knob of Butter
- 1 pinch of Hazelnuts ((Optional))
- 1 pinch of Cayenne
- 3 Egg (Hard boiled, shelled and halved)
- 1 Bunch of Parsley (Chopped)
- 1 Season with of Black Pepper
- 300 grams of Smoked Haddock (not dyed, picked over, bones removed and flesh cut into chunks)
- 100 ml of Double Cream
- 200 ml of Milk
- 1 tsp of Nutmeg
- 1 Half of Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 1 tsp of Curry Powder
- 300 grams of Basmati Rice
- 55 grams of Butter
- Cook the onion gently in the butter for a few minutes, then add the rice.
- Continue cooking gently and stirring, adding the curry powder and nutmeg. After a few minutes, add the milk, cream and 250ml/9fl oz water.
- When the mixture begins to simmer, add the fish and continue simmering, stirring occasionally until the rice is cooked. (You may need to add a little water if the mixture becomes dry.)
- Season, add the parsley and stir. Add the eggs and garnish with cayenne and nutmeg if using. Serve topped with a knob of butter and wedges of lemon.
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.