Slow Cooked Belly of Pork
This is such a versatile cut of meat, whether it be a Sunday lunch, a stir fry or something super fancy, belly pork is the one....
25 - 30minutes
180 - 200minutes
- 1. First you'l need to score the skin of your belly pork with a very sharp knife, then rub liberally with sea salt, this helps the skin get super crispy and helps it taste incredible
- 2. Pop a roasting pan onto the stove and chuck a bit of oil in, then add your chopped shallot, garlic, rosemary and thyme and roast on a high heat for a couple of minutes then add your mustard, stir until its coating all your roasted shallot mix
- 3. Lay your seasoned belly pork on top skin side up and add your wine and chicken stock, the stock should cover the meat and leave the skin exposed, bring the liquid to the boil and pop into an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 2.5 hours to braise
- 4. Remove your pork from the oven, and pop onto a chopping board to rest, pop your roasting pan on to the heat and reduce the liquid to a sauce consistency, if it goes a little far add some more stock to loosen
- 5. Carve your pork and serve with your amazing mustard and white wine sauce
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.