Slow Cooked Beef Short Rib and Sirloin Steak Sandwich
This is just delicious and the most indulgent sandwich you'll ever make
15 - 20minutes
120 - 180minutes
- 2 tbsp of French's Mustard (to serve)
- 2 tbsp of Ketchup (to serve)
- 1 glug of Olive Oil (for frying)
- 1 White Bloomer Loaf (Cut into 8 chunky slices)
- 8 rashers of Smoked Streaky Bacon
- 2 Beef Short Ribs
- 2 Sirloin Steaks
- 8 slices of Emmental Cheese Slices
- 250 ml of Red Wine
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 2 Shallots (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 300 ml of Chicken Stock
- 1 splash of Sherry Vinegar (to season)
- Preheat the oven to 130C/Gas 2. Season the short ribs heavily with salt and pepper and get into a hot frying pan to brown off, make sure all sides are browned and golden, remove any excess fat from the pan and add the wine, garlic, shallots and the chicken stock and bring to the simmer, transfer into a saucepan, cover with a lid and pop into the oven for 3 to 4 hours. Make sure you check every hour or so and top up the liquid if needed.
- Once the Short ribs are cooked the meat should slide right off the bone, using 2 forks shred the meat and fat in the pan and mix it altogether season with salt and sherry vinegar and set aside
- Put the steaks in between 2 pieces of greaseproof paper and, using a rolling pin, beat the steak to thin out and tenderise, season with salt and pepper and pop into a hot hot pan and fry for 1 minute on each side, remove and allow to rest. Using the same pan fry/grill the bacon until nice and crispy. Lightly grill the bread slices in the same pan to soak up all the bacon fat.
- To assemble the sandwich slice the steaks and divide up between the bread, spoon on the beautiful braised short rib then lay 2 slices of bacon and cheese on the top, pop onto a tray and stick under a hot grill until the cheese begins to bubble, remove and drizzle with mustard and ketchup. Then get it in your face....
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.