Sausage Casserole & Buttery Mash
Winter is coming....Make this belter to warm your cockles
30 - 45minutes
60 - 90minutes
- 12 Pork And Leek Sausages (You can use any type of sausage for this)
- 1 glug of Olive Oil
- 6 rashers of Smoked Streaky Bacon
- 2 Onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 1 400g tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 300 ml of Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp of Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp of Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tbsp of Tomato Paste
- 3 splashes of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp of Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp of Dried Basil
- 1 tsp of Dried Thyme
- 1 good glug of White Wine
- 1 400g tin of Butter Beans
- Heat a glug of the oil in a large frying pan and fry the sausages until nicely browned all over and set aside. Fry the bacon pieces in the frying pan until they begin to brown and crisp then add to the sausages.
- Place the onions in the frying pan and fry over a medium heat until they start to soften. You should have enough fat in the pan, then add the garlic
- Add the chilli flakes and cayenne and stir in the tomatoes, chicken stock, tomato purée, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and herbs. Pour over the wine, or some water if you’re not using wine, and bring to a simmer.
- Add the sausages and bacon and return to a simmer, then reduce the heat, cover the pan with a lid and leave to simmer for 20 minutes. Drain the beans and rinse under cold running water. Stir the beans into the casserole, and continue to cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick. Serve with buttery mashed potatoes.
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.