Rolled Turkey Breast with Stuffing and Cranberry
Doing your turkey this way ensures it remains moist and delicious....
30 - 40minutes
120 - 150minutes
- 1. Preheat the oven to 120C. Butterfly the turkey breast and open it out and place in between 2 pieces of clingfilm, using a rolling pin hit the turkey breast to tenderise and make nice and thin.
- 2. Put the sausage meat, stuffing, chestnuts, cranberry sauce and thyme into a large bowl and mix well. Lay the flattened turkey breast onto a piece of foil, big enough to wrap around the whole turkey breast, spread the sausage meat stuffing thinly over the turkey.
- 3. Now you need to roll the turkey breast and the stuffing into a sausage shape, now take some butchers string and tie a knot around the rolled turkey breast at 1" intervals. Wrap the foil around the rolled, tied turkey and push into a sausage shape twisting the foil at either end to keep it tight
- 4. Place a cooling rack inside a baking tray and fill up to the level of the wire with hot water, place the rolled turkey breast on top of the wire and cover the whole tray with another sheet of foil. Place into the oven for 2-2.5 hours until cooked, use a meat thermometer if you have one.
- 5. Once cooked remove the turkey from the foil and place onto a clean baking sheet and turn the oven up to 200C. Brush the cooked turkey breast with cranberry jelly and place in to the oven for 20 minutes until it becomes glazed. Slice and serve
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.