Roasted Beetroot, Baby Carrots, Squash and Pumpkin Seeds
This super tasty vegan dish is an absolute must....
20 - 25minutes
20 - 30minutes
- 1. Preheat your oven to 180C/Gas 6, peel the outer skin off the garlic and drizzle with olive oil, wrap in foil and bake for 25 minutes, remove from the oven and keep it wrapped and allow to cool.
- 2. While the garlic is cooking bring a pan of water to the boil and blanch your carrots for 3/4 minutes, remove and then add the beetroot and boil for 10/12 minutes. Remove and run under cold water the skins should easily peel by using your finger under running water
- 3. Halve your carrots length ways and cut the beetroot into quarters and add your chopped squash, season with salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil and place onto a roasting sheet and roast for 20 minutes
- 4. To make the dressing squeeze the roasted garlic out of its skin into a small mixing bowl and crush with the back of a spoon, add the mustard and mix in lemon juice and add a pinch of salt then whisk in the remaining olive oil until smooth.
- 5. Toast your pumpkin seeds in a hot dry frying pan until they just start to pop, keep the pan moving all the time as not to burn the seeds
- 6. Mix your seeds with the roasted vegetables and place into a serving bowl, sprinkle with roughly chopped coriander and red chard leaves, then lather your dressing over the top and enjoy...
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.