Pork Gyoza Dumplings
These are a little tricky to make but well worth the effort...
45 - 50minutes
12 - 15minutes
- 300 grams of Minced Pork
- 1 Red Chilli (De-seeded and finely diced)
- 1 clove of Garlic (finely grated)
- 1 small knob of Ginger (Fresh) (finely grated)
- 3 Spring Onions (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp of Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp of Sesame Oil
- 1 small handful of Coriander (roughly chopped)
- 12 pieces of Gyoza Wraps
- 1 tsp of Caster Sugar
- Half fill a wok style pan with water and bring to a gentle simmer and place a bamboo steamer over the top, making sure that it doesn't touch the water
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl and set aside.
- Set up a work station with a small bowl of water, a clean dish towel for wiping your fingers, a bowl with the dumpling filling, a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet for the finished dumplings, and a stack of dumpling wrappers.
- To form dumplings, hold one wrapper on top of a flat hand.Place 1 tablespoon of filling in the centre of the wrapper. Use the tip of the finger on your other hand to very gently moisten the edge of the wrapper with water, Working from one side, carefully seal the filling inside the wrapper by folding it into a crescent shape make sure to remove any air that may get trapped inside
- Place the dumplings into the bamboo steamer for 12-15 minutes until cooked through, mean while heat up a frying pan and add a splash of olive oil. Remove the dumplings from the steamer and add them straight into the frying pan, allow the pastry to become golden then remove and serve immediately
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.