One Pot Chicken and Cider Stew
This is super easy and freezes really well so its great for batch cooking...
15 - 20minutes
40 - 50minutes
- 10 Chicken Thighs (Skin and bones removed)
- 2 tbsp of Plain Flour (for dusting and frying)
- 1 glug of Olive Oil (for frying)
- 3 Leeks (Roughly chopped)
- 3 Carrots (Peeled and roughly chopped)
- 1 Onion (Peeled and roughly chopped)
- 500 ml of Chicken Stock
- 500 ml of Cider
- 1 Handful of Tarragon (Picked leaves and roughly chopped)
- 3 Apples (Peeled, cored and roughly chopped)
- Cut your chicken thighs in half and dust with seasoned flour, pre-heat a large cast iron casserole pot (use a large pan if you don't have a cast iron pot) and add a glug of olive oil, gently fry your chicken thighs until golden then remove with a slotted spoon and set aside
- Lower the heat and add another glug of oil then add the leeks, carrots and chopped onion and cook for a few minutes then add the apples, stock, cider, tarragon and chicken bring up to the boil, cover and lower the heat, then simmer for 40-45 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Serve as a one pot for all the family or freeze into portions and enjoy at a later date...
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.