One of our fave things here at Cranble HQ...And pretty easy to make!
40 - 45minutes
90 - 120minutes
- 300 grams of Smoked Streaky Bacon
- 600 grams of Sausage Meat
- 100 grams of Chicken Livers (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp of Mixed Spice
- 1 tsp of Nutmeg
- 2 cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 50 grams of Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp of Thyme (picked leaves)
- 1 tbsp of Flat Leaf Parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 splash of Brandy
- 25 ml of Red Wine
- 1 Egg
- 250 grams of Mixed Game (you can get this from any good super market or butcher)
- 1 pinch of Sea Salt (to taste)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 160C/Gas 3. Stretch out the streaky bacon (see video) and line the terrine moulds slightly overlapping the bacon so there is no gaps.
- 2. To make the force meat - In a large bowl mix the sausage meat, chopped livers, garlic, spices, breadcrumbs, egg, brandy, herbs and wine, season with sea salt and black pepper and mix well then pop into the fridge for 20 minutes.
- 3. Fry the mixed game in a hot frying pan until slightly browned, remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- 4. Layer the terrine moulds up with a layer of force meat then game then force meat etc until they are full, pull the flaps of bacon over the top to seal in the mixture and cover with foil, place the lids on and place into a large roasting tin, fill the tin with water until its halfway up the terrine moulds and pop into the oven for 90 minutes or until the core temperature is above 75C. Remove and place in the fridge with a weight on top and allow to chill over night. remove from the moulds, slice and serve with baby gherkins.
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.