Crispy Hen Eggs, Asparagus and tomato salsa
Egg and Soldiers? Try out this healthy twist on a classic!
20 - 25minutes
10 - 12minutes
- 5 Eggs (soft boiled and peeled)
- 16 spears of Asparagus
- 1 punnet of Cherry Tomatoes (chopped into quarters)
- 1 Red Onion (peeled and finely diced)
- 12 slices of Sliced Chorizo
- 1 glug of Olive Oil
- 30 grams of Plain Flour
- 100 grams of Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 pinch of Sea Salt (to taste)
- 2 cracks of Black Pepper (to season)
- Dust the soft boiled eggs in flour then dip into a beaten egg then roll in the panko bread crumbs and set aside.
- Preheat a deep fat fryer or a pan of oil to 190C. Drop your eggs into the oil until they become golden brown, remove and place onto some kitchen paper to soak up any excess oil. Fill a large saucepan full of water and bring to the boil, season with salt and drop the asparagus spears in for 2 minutes.
- Mix the tomatoes and diced onion together, tear up the chorizo slices and mix them in too, add a glug of oil and a crack of black pepper. Serve the crispy eggs with some asparagus and salsa.
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.