Make it....Eat it.....Pop it into a Christmas hamper for a friend.....that is all....
15 - 20minutes
60 - 90minutes
- 4 Granny Smith Apples (Peeled and chopped)
- 1 Onion (Peeled and chopped)
- 250 Grams of Dried Cranberries (Fresh/Frozen are fine to use)
- 150 Grams of Pitted Dates
- 300 Grams of Caster Sugar
- 150 ml of White Wine Vinegar
- 3 tbsp of Opies Ginger In Syrup (of the syrup)
- 1 tsp of Cinnamon
- 1 Orange (Zest and Juice)
- Put the chopped apples, onion, cranberries and dates into a large pan, zest the oranges over the top, then squeeze in the juice
- Add the sugar, ginger syrup and cinnamon, then pour in the vinegar and a pinch of salt.
- Mix well in the pan and pop onto a medium heat, bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer and bubble uncovered, for about an hour or until you have a gooey chutney consistency
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.