Amazingly cheap chicken dish, serve with fries or a salad!
15 - 20minutes
15 - 20minutes
- 2 Chicken Breast (butterflied and slightly flattened)
- 100 grams of Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 egg of Egg (beaten)
- 30 grams of Plain Flour
- 2 cracks of Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 pinch of Sea Salt (to taste)
- 40 grams of Cheddar Cheese (finely grated)
- 40 grams of Parmasan (finely grated)
- 1 ball of Mozzarella Cheese (ripped up)
- 1 good glug of Olive Oil
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 400 grams of Tomato Passata (we used san marzano)
- 1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Season the flour and place on one plate, put the beaten eggs on another and the breadcrumbs on a third plate. Dip each chicken piece in the flour, then dust off any excess and drop into the egg. Finally coat in the breadcrumb, pressing it into the chicken firmly.
- 2. To make the sauce, heat the olive oil in a saucepan and add the garlic, allow to infuse into the oil and cook for 2 minutes, then add the tomatoes, bring up to a simmer, season with salt and black pepper and set aside.
- 3. In a heavy bottomed frying pan add another glug of olive oil and pop onto a medium/high heat. Lay the bread crumbed chicken breasts into the hot oil and fry for 2/3 minutes on each side until golden and remove from the heat. Spoon the tomato sauce over the fried chicken breasts then add the grated cheese, place under a grill set to the highest temperature for 3/4 minutes or until the cheese starts to become golden and blister.
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.