Delicious crunchy Indian starter, serve with minted yogurt and mango chutney
20 - 25minutes
10 - 12minutes
- 3 tbsp of Natural Yogurt
- 1 clove of Garlic (finely sliced)
- 1 Green Chiili (finely sliced on the angle)
- 1 Red Onion (peeled and finely sliced)
- 1 tbsp of Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp of Chilli Powder
- 4 Chicken Thighs (Cut into strips)
- 1 tsp of Ground Coriander
- 5 tbsp of Plain Flour
- 1 tsp of Tumeric
- 1 tsp of Cumin
- 1 tsp of Garam Masala
- 1 Pinch of Sea Salt (to taste)
- 1 Small Handful of Coriander
- 500 ml of Vegetable Oil (for frying)
- 1. Preheat the fryer to 190C. Pop all the spices into a bowl and mix well, then add in the sliced onion, chilli, garlic and a handful of roughly chopped coriander, plain flour and mix well.
- 2. Add in the chicken strips, a pinch of salt and the yogurt, mix well to bind to a batter consistency.
- 3. Drop spoonfuls of the pakora batter into the fryer and allow to cook for 6/8 minutes until nicely browned, do this in batches as not to drop the fryer temperature, serve with mango chutney and yogurt.
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.