Chicken Liver Pate
Super easy showy offy Christmas starter, make this a couple of days before you need for mega flavours...
10 - 15minutes
10 - 15minutes
- 1 Glug of Olive Oil
- 1 Baguette (Roughly chopped to serve)
- 1 Oranges (Zest and Juice)
- 400 Grams of Chicken Livers
- 300 Grams of Unsalted Butter
- 2 Onion (Peeled and sliced)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (Crushed)
- 100 ml of Brandy
- 1 Small Handful of Thyme
- 1 Pinch of Sea Salt (To taste)
- 2 Cracks of Black Pepper (To taste)
- 1. Put 100 grams of the butter into a sauce pan on the lowest heat to melt, this won't take long
- 2. Put a splash of oil into a frying pan and cook the onions and garlic until they become soft, remove mixture from the pan and pop back onto the heat, turn it up high and chuck the livers in, fry for a couple of minutes until they become browned and pink in the middle, season well
- 3. Zest and juice your orange into the pan and reduce the liquid, then add the brandy and burn off the alcohol, but be careful not to burn yourself!
- 4. Add your onion and shallot mixture back into the pan and stir well, pour all the mixture into a blender and blitz, add the remaining butter bit at a time until the mixture becomes smooth, remove from the jug and pass through a sieve
- 5. Pour the mixture into 4 ramekins and gently spoon your melted clarified butter over the top, this will create a seal, pop them int the fridge to set up, this should take a couple of hours, bake your baguette, chop and serve
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.