Beetroot, Pumpkin and Kale Wellington
Make these veggie Wellingtons ahead of time for a less stressed Christmas dinner.
15 - 20minutes
60 - 120minutes
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180C, pop your prepped butternut squash into a roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil and roast until tender
- 2. Remove the tops from your beetroots and pop into a pan, cover with water, bring to the boil then drop to a simmer until they are tender and only just cooked, drain and allow to cool then remove the skin using your thumbs and pushing, it should slide straight off, slice and set aside
- 3. Pop your chopped shallots into a frying pan on a medium heat with a glug of oil and cook until soft, then add in the kale and cook gently. Once the kale has wilted mix in the cream cheese, season with salt and pepper and remove from the heat
- 4. On a lightly floured surface, unravel the sheets of puff pastry and, using a rolling pin, roll until slightly thinner and place onto a baking sheet
- 5. Now to build! Place the sliced beetroot in a line down the right-hand side of the pastry then place the roasted squash on top and finally spoon on the kale and cream cheese mix, add a pinch of salt brush the pastry with egg yolk fold the pastry over to seal, pleat the edges or use a fork to seal
- 6. Brush the top of the wellington with the remaining egg yolks and bake in the oven for 25/30 minutes until golden brown
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.